Osteopathy for Babies – Dublin Paediatric Osteopath
Paeditaric osteopathy is a very gently but extremely effective way to treat and help babies
suffering from an irritated nervous system or mechanical stresses that they may have
already endured through their short life. How is this so? You may ask… A newborn can
undergo enormous forces and compressive strains as the baby twists and turns through the birth canal. These stresses and pressure are applied throughout the baby’s body, especially the baby’s head and neck. Cranial osteopaths recognize these dysfunctions and release them through gentle manipulation and balancing techniques. Osteopaths use their highly developed sense of touch to sense the stains and compressions and then gently release them.
The reason why mums bring their babies to the clinic are:
- Excessive crying or sleeping.
- Poor or disturbed sleeping pattern.
- Digestive problems – colic, excessive wind and reflux.
- Flat and misshapen head i.e. plagiocephaly.
- Misshapen limbs i.e. talipes.
- Recurrent eye or chest infections.
Botanic Health, Unit 4, Cian Park, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Dublin Holistic Centre, 28 South William Street, Dublin 2